 | Forum Reply | Man City - GUILTY at 16:38 30 Sep 2026
It's amazing how dislikable Man City have become considering how much goodwill they had before their blatant cheating. When they won the league against us I was genuinely happy, first and foremost because QPR were safe, but once that was secure I was delighted that they pipped Man U to the title: I really despised Man U in the 90's and 00's. But since then, their distortion of any sort of fair play and equitable competition in football combined with their attitude has made them my most disliked club in football behind Chelsea, and that's saying something given how much I still dislike Man U and the other clubs at the top.of the pyramid. |
 | Forum Reply | RAF Fairford at 13:17 30 Sep 2026
Well, there's the first nutjob conspiracy theory post about it being a false flag to blame Russia and Iran, and one pointing out a flaw in that reasoning, but in any serious discourse about this story no one has been talking about it being a Russian op; it's all been either fuel thieves, Iranian op or domestic terror op. I'm not giving any opinion on the likelihood on any of those. If you know anything about Russian propaganda and conspiracy theories peddled by Russian influence ops you'll understand what I mean Anglo-Saxons. I don't understand what you mean by white-knighting. If I misunderstood what you meant by your post l, and you were actually making fun of Russian propaganda and conspiracy theories then I do apologise! |
 | Forum Reply | RAF Fairford at 12:50 30 Sep 2026
No one was talking about Russia in relation to this, but yes, of course, it's all part of a grand conspiracy to victimise Russia. Obviously there's no other explanation for this odd story than that the evil Anglo-Saxons are once again trying to besmirch the reputation of the Russian state and stir up conflict with the peace-loving Russian government who would never ever carry out acts of murder and sabotage on our territory! |
 | Forum Reply | Favorite dinner at 20:18 28 Sep 2026
Do believe good roast lamb is the best meat you can get. Lucky enough to be related to sheep farmers and the slow roasted lamb I've had is beyond compare. But with average supermarket fare can't beat a good roast beef I think based solely on the fact it pairs so well with a good Yorkshire Pud and rich dark gravy. Close second is a nice roast chicken if you have a good stuffing. Always plenty of stale bread in my house to make breadcrumbs, mix in some fresh sage, thyme and parsley, lemon, eggs and good quality stock and the stuffing is more of an attraction than the meat. Good pork is too hard to come by; you're better off with a cheap gammon drenched in a honey/mustard/cider marinade. Honourable mention to duck and goose; I love the dark greasy meat but pricy to get anything half decent quality. |
 | Forum Reply | Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper at 15:46 28 Sep 2026
Are we doing politics on this or not? It's an emotive topic and one that I'm sure a lot people feel very strongly about, and I'm very happy if it's agreed to just not discuss it on here, but if some people are going to throw out some outrageous statements then it's hard to let them slide without some sort of reply when it's something you feel strongly about. |
 | Forum Reply | "New Deal for football" at 09:45 21 Sep 2026
Or an anti-cup, where winners are eliminated and losers have to keep playing more and more fixtures until eventually one is handed a wooden spoon and booted out of the Football League. |
 | Forum Reply | "New Deal for football" at 09:35 21 Sep 2026
Maybe we could have European competition for teams finishing bang mid-table in European second tiers? Would surely be some good away days on that. |
 | Forum Reply | "New Deal for football" at 09:32 21 Sep 2026
Sad to say, especially as it's the only major competition we've won, and I am a big believer in tradition and continuity, but honestly at this point I would just scrap the League Cup. Football is supposed to be fun and entertaining for the fans. There's just not the interest in it anymore, from clubs or fans. The earlier rounds are a mixture of top PL clubs playing their youngsters and lower clubs trying to go out and avoid extra fixtures beacuase 9 times out of 10 a PL C team is stronger than a Championship team, and when you get to the later rounds Man City et al can just play a stronger team and win a trophy that's so meaningless to them their fans don't even fill Wembley. The FA Cup still has a certain magic to it. It's still "The Cup". I'd reinstate the replays and also add the bonus that winning the Cup means you earn the right to play in the Premier League. This means that an extra Championship club could be promoted, unlikely as that it, or that an extra PL club with a dross season finishing in 17th can go down if someone below them won the cup. Incidentally, I think having the extra European competition, the Conference League is great. Probably just intended as another money making scheme but I think it's actually great for fans. Meaningless to the likes of Man U and Chelsea but great for fans of teams like Palace and West Ham. There's no reason why interesting, fun fixtures should be exclusive to the top few teams in the country. Would actually love to see more things like that in football, games where fans can actually get excited and play someone else rather than the same fixtures over and over again just trying to finish mid table. |
 | Forum Reply | QPR v Pissed on knob end match Fred at 18:35 19 Sep 2026
I get it, but for me football isn't just about seasons, competitions, league positions and silverware. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to win something, and I'd love us to finish higher up the league table. But for me football is primarily about matches. That one started badly. It got worse. And then worse again. But we fought back, and we were all over them at the end. We didn't win but we scored twice to not lose, and that feels really really good after being so despondent halfway through the game. |
 | Forum Reply | QPR v Pissed on knob end match Fred at 17:11 19 Sep 2026
Feel like we would have won it with just a few more minutes. 4 minutes didn't seem nearly enough even based on how much time they wasted in the last 10 minutes I saw. |
 | Forum Reply | QPR v Pissed on knob end match Fred at 16:52 19 Sep 2026
Just managed to switch back on for the last 10 and we have been immense. Hugely deserve that goal. Would never believe we were the side a man down. |
 | Forum Reply | Fans Forum questions at 13:20 10 Sep 2026
I'm not sure what people actually want the club to say re Kolli: Option A: Explain that he's not fit, but will be in contention when he is - people won't believe this if they're not inclined to. Option B: Say he's a complete waster who we don't want and just want to get rid of, but he refuses to go. Not going to go down well and not something the club can really say publicly. Option C: He's a great talent and very promising youngster, consummate professional and trains well, but for some irrational reason we are going to bomb out our most promising home-grown youngster. I have my suspicions which one is true but I don't know exactly what the club is supposed to say more than they already have? |
Please log in to use all the site's facilities |  | Clint_Power
|
Site Scores| Prediction League: | 3 | | TOTAL: | 3 |
|