 | Forum Reply | Worst Southampton V Portsmouth Game You Have Been To at 11:11 5 Oct 2026
They are generally all pretty bad. I didn't go to the cup match when we won 4-1 at their hole, but all the other derby matches I've been to have been awful. I used to just love the simmering, brooding atmosphere, like we're on the brink of war, but even that's now been taken away from us with the bubble, so no atmosphere and probably another very poor quality match. Whoopee. |
 | Forum Reply | Derby Games at 22:40 4 Oct 2026
We will bury them this time. |
 | Forum Reply | City Punishment at 00:15 1 Oct 2026
I agree. Let's face it, whilst we (as Saints fans) want to be in the top division, playing the best teams and occasionally smacking one and enjoying that afterglow, the Championship is better. |
 | Forum Reply | City Punishment at 13:15 30 Sep 2026
I think they will be kicked out the football league entirely and have to start in the national leagues somewhere. |
 | Forum Reply | Who Would Be An Everton Fan at 23:05 28 Sep 2026
Rugby League is odd. It should be played much more and supported much better than it is. Union still has a hangover of being "posh" and whilst I've watched England at Twickenham several times (with whisky in the stands!), I've never been fully into it. League I really enjoy watching as it's faster, harder and more entertaining. Plus on thread of books, there are some great rugby league autobiographies to read. But I have never understood why it's not been more popular. Why has it never caught on down south? I mean some of the teams up north have really decent followings, some better than football; Wigan being one. Pretty sure if Sky threw money at it though it would take off. |
 | Forum Reply | Reading any good books right now? at 22:57 28 Sep 2026
Genuine lol! Scar tissue!! Every couple of chapters ... you can see him lambasting the fans of every team he's managed; "ignorant of the higher skill levels involved in managing at this level, needless to say, I had the last laugh" |
 | Forum Reply | Reading any good books right now? at 22:30 28 Sep 2026
I've been reading a few old football manager books recently. Sam Allardyce, Ian Holloway etc ... really enjoying them. I don't think I'll read Russell Martin's WHEN he does one though ... |
 | Forum Reply | Fanzine- The Story Of Britains Alternative Press at 11:53 16 Sep 2026
As you imply, I think the right audience is old people, well, that's us now. Grab a fanzine and flick through with a drink and laugh at some "inappropriate" humour. All the kids (i.e. <18) get all their content from social media and it's short and sharp. I just watch my son's viewing habits and we have a few younger teens around in St Marys and they all seem much the same. The 20-30ish lot seem to be the most humourless all round. I think I still have some fanzines in the garage - I've definitely got some Beautiful South and some Ugly Insides, I need to dig them out. I think I've got a few Middlesbrough ones (FMTM I think??) - don't ask .... |
 | Forum Reply | Andy Burnham at 10:33 29 Jul 2026
Absolutely spot on. I could move to the US with work and my salary would double, but, yes, everything you've listed. No thanks. (Side note: I don't care what colour party are in power here from blue, red or yellow - they are all infinitely better than the dross in other countries, notably the US) |
 | Forum Reply | RIP King Kev at 22:50 21 Jul 2026
RIP. I met him once in La Lupas, really nice guy, had a chat about Saints after his meal - think that must've been 1992 or 1993. Never saw him play, but knew all about him obviously. |
 | Forum Reply | The Changing Fanbase at 22:48 21 Jul 2026
I used to know all my mate's phone numbers off by heart and ring them without even thinking about the number being correct. The simpler way to arrange a night out. Yeah, I do miss that. |
Please log in to use all the site's facilities |  | Gennaro_Contaldo
|
Site Scores| Prediction League: | 0 | | TOTAL: | 0 |
|