Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum
Reply
Half decent tv
at 09:24 3 Oct 2026

I watched the first episode of War (Sky/Now) with Mrs S last night. In the style of Beef, it’s a satire on modern behaviour, an increasingly farcical battle of wills between two deeply dislikable characters. The problem is for all the budget and ingenuity, it doesn’t have much to say and the writing and characters (with one exception) are paper thin and boring. Maybe later episodes might overturn my expectations, but while Succession was funny and sharp enough to be entertaining, this is plodding. Dominic West brings all the subtle insight and depth he displayed in his Nationwide ads, it’s incredible to think he was Jimmy McNulty.
Forum
Reply
International Break
at 20:35 2 Oct 2026

It’s a good thing Xi Jinping doesn’t seem the sort of bloke to bear a grudge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/fo
Forum
Reply
Dame Esther Rantzen RIP
at 09:58 1 Oct 2026

I met my brother and my sisters for a drink last night and we were talking about Esther Rantzen. While Childline was a great resource, we were remembering all the things that our kids had threatened to call to denounce us for over the years. My brother, who is a primary school teacher, says that there is a higher power at work now: a Year 4 boy he wouldn’t allow out at playtime because he had hit a girl in class was going to report him to the Ofsted inspectors.
Forum
Reply
Dembele
at 08:29 1 Oct 2026

Didn’t Celtic get permission for him to play in their Under 18s when he was 13, or something? Imagine how diddy he was then.
Forum
Reply
why do we do certain things a certain way in life
at 14:05 30 Sep 2026

Steady on boys, save some good stuff for nearer the end of the international break.
Forum
Reply
Rayan Kolli scores for development squad
at 13:03 30 Sep 2026

Good for him. He wasn’t the greatest player ever, but he gave his all. I hope he’s appreciated there.
Forum
Reply
Gerrem Onside! - Super League/NRL 2026 thread
at 22:32 29 Sep 2026

Finally got round to watching the second half after turning it off on Sunday when I saw the Cleary injury. Unbelievable courage from Newcastle, what a turn out by their fans. Crossland’s tackle though…

It seems that Crossland’s suspension will lead to Diesel Hagan, a local junior, being included in the squad and possibly making his debut. And Diesel appears to be his real name. Strange place, Newcastle.
[Post edited 30 Sep 13:12]
Forum
Reply
Favorite dinner
at 12:36 29 Sep 2026

I can’t deny it’s expensive, but a holiday spent looking at sheep and cows wandering contentedly (little do they know) around the fields in the fresh Kerry air makes me appreciate why it costs more than more efficient protein production units. Feels like more of a fair deal.
Forum
Reply
Favorite dinner
at 10:39 29 Sep 2026

I make oxtail like that. Flour coated, fried for about five minutes, bung in slow cooker for eight hours, eat over next three days.
Forum
Reply
Favorite dinner
at 20:32 28 Sep 2026

No arguments from me, I think it’s vile stuff too, can’t even tolerate the smell of it.
Forum
Reply
Just back (from the library)
at 22:16 26 Sep 2026

High School Books?
Forum
Reply
Gerrem Onside! - Super League/NRL 2026 thread
at 22:02 26 Sep 2026

It’s so important they don’t see tonight as the summit, they’re easily good enough to win next week. I haven’t seen a lot of Warrington this year, but they don’t seem to have a lot of inspiration.
Forum
Reply
Gerrem Onside! - Super League/NRL 2026 thread
at 21:53 26 Sep 2026

I’m watching Ole Miss at Florida in the SEC now. God, I wish I’d thought of a way of getting to study at the University of Florida, the women look incredible!
Forum
Reply
Just back (from the library)
at 20:23 26 Sep 2026

So should I have paid up, Ted?
Forum
Reply
Gerrem Onside! - Super League/NRL 2026 thread
at 19:47 26 Sep 2026

Fabulous by Trinity tonight, if they can play like that next week they should blow Warrington away. I’m delighted for Mike McMeekin and Jay Pitts, who played their nuts off for some outmatched London sides in their time.
Forum
Thread
Just back (from the library)
at 11:19 26 Sep 2026

Popped in for some recycling bags and there, in pride of place on the top shelf of the “Used Books for Sale” shelf was “One Way Or Another”, Chris Wright’s autobiography. It didn’t look like anyone had ever opened it before, and even for £1 I wouldn’t take it home, but I had a quick skim read. His main message was “I only ever wanted to have fun, helping out my favourite team”, but he was the innocent victim of his own naivety and greedy sharks within the game…he highlights Clive Berlin and John Spencer in particular. On his exit, he was mostly concerned to avoid the shame of bankruptcy - number one choice was “QPR and Wimbledon FC” under Norwegian ownership, then ground sharing at Reading - “after all, they wear the same kit”, but Madjeski told him it was a terrible idea. £1, if you’ve have a stronger stomach than I and you are near Pimlico Library.
Forum
Reply
Gerrem Onside! - Super League/NRL 2026 thread
at 21:53 25 Sep 2026

Good luck to Wakefield and the Knights, it would be great to see some fresh faces in the final. I’m pleased for my Roosters, but the Dolphins have been fantastic to watch this year.

If Mayo can do it, can Warrington…? I have to say, they weren’t great tonight.
Forum
Reply
Other kits you like
at 09:51 25 Sep 2026

West Brom in broad green and yellow stripes is always a great sight, King Cyrille.

On the subject of royalty, I love Fiorentina in imperial purple too.
Forum
Reply
Other kits you like
at 21:34 23 Sep 2026

Narrow stripes AC Milan vs Inter was wonderful (Super Ray and he will not be mentioned era), I hate the ghastly tinkering they’ve done recently.



Uruguay my favourite international kit, love the silvery-blue with black (classic Wolves old gold and black a similar look).
[Post edited 23 Sep 21:40]
Forum
Reply
Champions League-obviously non QPR
at 21:29 23 Sep 2026

How exciting for her, that’s quite a schedule. Hopefully the other locations are more glamorous than Plough Lane!
Please log in to use all the site's facilities

MrSheen


Site Scores

Prediction League: 0
TOTAL: 0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026