 | Forum Reply | Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper at 10:05 28 Sep 2026
I guess I should be clear, I'm don't have any problem with the manager, coaches or players who participated in the game. Imo, it should never have been left to them to make a decision. As suggested above, the FAI are not fit for purpose, and completely washed their hands of any responsibility for any of this, pretty much on the basis of "we don't know how we might be punished if we don't fulfil the fixtures". Well, Man City have broken the rules hundreds of times over 10 years ago and still remain to be punished. Of course, in world footballing terms, Ireland are not Man City, but then this is not about cheating. I think the FAI could have taken the decision not to play, and let UEFA sweat over how to handle it. It might even have been the case that others, maybe Austria and or/maybe Kosovo would have followed. But self interest prevailed. As I said above, it's the government who could have shown leadership, made it easier for the FAI to defend themselves, by saying we will instruct the FAI not to fulfil the fixtures. It's very easy for politicians all over the world to use words like genocide, to talk the talk and not walk the walk. Yeah there would no doubt be all sorts of consequences threatened, financial, economic, whatever else. But sometimes, you have got to do the right thing. I have in the back of my mind the oft used phrase when you play that you are "representing your country". I really find it hard to believe that playing against Israel represented the wishes of the majority of Irish people. |
 | Forum Reply | Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper at 20:49 27 Sep 2026
IMO mate, they could win 13-0 and it doesn't matter. Irish international football is dead and I've no interest in it or following it anymore. |
 | Forum Reply | Jimmy Dunne - our third choice keeper at 17:48 27 Sep 2026
You are completely correct of course, but the responsibility here lies at government level in my opinion. It is a source of national shame that the Israel fixtures will take place. and history will not judge the abandonment of moral integrity kindly. |
 | Forum Reply | The Sending Off at 11:44 20 Sep 2026
It was posted on the match thread yesterday (4th page), but it is now not available to see. [Post edited 20 Sep 11:45]
|
 | Forum Reply | The Sending Off at 11:14 20 Sep 2026
There is another video clip from Sky, clearly showing Cirkin getting the ball. The PNE guy arrives to try to block the ball, he is never getting there ahead of CIrkin. As I said yesterday, if Cirkin is sliding in to stick that ball in the net, that's always going to stand as a goal, and Cirkin isn't getting carded.. Why should it be any different anywhere else on the pitch? |
 | Forum Reply | The Sending Off at 11:06 20 Sep 2026
Gazza, who do you think you are to tell anyone on here that you can't be bothered to have a conversation with them? You may have played the odd game at a higher level than many on here, but that's the best part of 70 years ago, there's no comparison to the game then and now. It's a bit like someone saying "I used to be great at Snakes & Ladders, if you want to know the best way to play Grand Theft Auto, listen to me". You've always been the same, see what the majority think on here, then say the opposite. Listen to the odd ex player you have the ear of, see what they have heard or what they think and pass it off as your opinion. You're never interested in a conversation with anyone on here, it's all about making it seem like I know more than all you lot. You're just a punter like the rest of us. You add nothing to the conversation re football and the club on here. I've had enough of you. Blocked. |
 | Forum Reply | The Sending Off at 09:47 20 Sep 2026
You really are a sanctimonious tart |
 | Forum Reply | The Sending Off at 09:36 20 Sep 2026
Genuinely be interested to know why you think that it's a sending off. What are you seeing there? As far as I know, any player is entitled to take and keep a position on the field, he doesn't have to move out of the way for another player. Cirkin has won the ball, he is always getting to the ball before the PNE player, and the contact is made by the PNE player with Cirkin, not the other way round. It is still a contact sport, is it not? |
 | Forum Reply | The Sending Off at 20:51 19 Sep 2026
But he didn't follow through into the Preston player. The Preston player actually followed through onto Cirkin. He was so late getting to the contact point I'd imagine he had time to pull out of any challenge. It really wasn't close. |
 | Forum Reply | The Sending Off at 20:45 19 Sep 2026
I mean, if he's sliding in to stick the ball into the net, and the Preston player gets caught afterwards, that's never going to a red card, is it? The goal is never being disallowed is it? |
 | Forum Reply | The Sending Off at 20:25 19 Sep 2026
Was it the ref's decision or the linos? |
 | Forum Thread | The Sending Off at 20:12 19 Sep 2026
A few different opinions I've seen. Having seen footage of the incident, my feeling is that if the laws say that's a sending off, the game really has "gone". Cirkin has stretched to get his foot to the ball. He's reached it and the ball is clearly gone before the Preston player gets anywhere near the scene. I can't see any evidence that Cirkin is out of control, and if anything I felt the Preston player collided into Cirkin, and it might even have been a foul the other way. I am genuinely incredulous. |
 | Forum Reply | Andy Sinton. at 15:44 4 Sep 2026
All the very best for a full and speedy recovery Ted |
 | Forum Reply | Cardiff Reflection at 22:34 2 Sep 2026
That was I thought a very good performance in many respects. I thought Cardiff played some decent football but I honestly never thought they'd score, they just looked like they constantly ran out of a cutting edge in the final third. Annoyingly their goal from a bloke who uses his left foot for standing on and not much else, which adds to the collection of worldies we've conceded. But seriously, how many goals could we have ended up with? Burrell might have had five, Vale three, Lloyd, Saito. These weren't speculative, you'd expect them to be put away as often as not. as others have said, we've got a spine of better than Championship players there now, Lamptey, Kamara and Edwards, we've got a solid looking back four, we've got options all over the field, we look good in possession, and organised defensively. I really enjoyed tonight, but I suspect JS won't be happy with how we sat back so much after they scored. But it's early in the season, , we'll improve as we go along, and somewhere along the line, we're going to hand out drubbings more than once. Very excited. |
 | Forum Reply | GAA 2026 at 15:37 24 Aug 2026
So,about 6 years ago, on a very last minute whim, visited Achill Island. Loved it, found what I saw of it stunning, but had about two hours of daylight, so saw very little. Made up my mind and d return and give myself time to explore. As I’m now single, I decided a few months back to have a week’s holiday in Achill. Got here yesterday afternoon to find that members of the Mayo team were due to bring Sam across the bridge into Achill a few hours later! So was here for their arrival, the procession, and even managed to get a photo with them while I lifted Sam! An amazing evening. Even more amazing, I’ve spent this morning topping up my tan on Keel beach! It’s all bound to go south from here!! |
 | Forum Reply | GAA 2026 at 19:17 26 Jul 2026
That's absolutely my main bugbear too, Mr S, to me that doesn't make any sense to me. I think it needs to be two points only from open play. But I was over to watch Meath play Monaghan two years ago, and the game is night and day different to the stodge I watched that day. |
 | Forum Reply | GAA 2026 at 17:23 26 Jul 2026
Actually getting a little emotional watching the presentation here. |
 | Forum Reply | GAA 2026 at 17:14 26 Jul 2026
CURSE. LIFTED. What a game,. Well done Mayo, fully deserved. I know not everyone likes all the rule changes, but what a spectacle it has made the football. What a spectacle. |
Please log in to use all the site's facilities |  | WatfordR
|
Site Scores| Prediction League: | 0 | | TOTAL: | 0 |
|