 | Forum Reply | Rayan Kolli scores for development squad at 13:50 30 Sep 2026
Exactly. So we got rid of him at the right time for the right money. If we’d sold him and he’d been brilliant for Charlton don’t you think people would have said that we made a massive mistake selling him. That’s why it’s a no win. If luck is the only thing that counts then we’re unlucky when things go wrong too, right? Or are they only lucky when things go well but not unlucky when things go badly, so lose-lose. |
 | Forum Reply | Czech republic v England ....thread...if interested. at 12:34 30 Sep 2026
Bit harsh citing Spain who haven’t lost a match going back to November 2024 (could be longer I just can’t be bothered to go back further). England certainly matched them in parts of the recent match but defensively fell short, practically handing them two of their three goals. In the World Cup we were pretty good against Mexico, Norway and France and only really poor in the second half against Argentina. We are overly reliant on Bellingham and Gordon to provide the creativity and Kane up front but I think this team is not as boring as many previous England teams especially earlier on in tournaments. |
 | Forum Reply | Rayan Kolli scores for development squad at 12:20 30 Sep 2026
That’s a bit heads I win tails you lose Wombat. We can’t claim it’s the club’s fault when things go wrong but it’s just luck when things go right. |
 | Forum Reply | Rayan Kolli scores for development squad at 07:28 30 Sep 2026
I don’t think the number of games Kakay played for us is evidence of a wonderful development system but more because Todd Kane was the disastrous alternative for much of it and I wonder what we paid him in wages as an ex Chelscum alumni. They clearly did brilliantly well with Eze and Chair but I’m not sure about Manning as he got so fed up he ended up leaving on a free. It’s hard to tell with Adamson as it’s very early days but one thing I would say is that he’s improved considerably since he’s been with us and didn’t look out of place in the first team. Not sure about Dieng either as didnt he have one of the worst stats in the Championship last season? Lumley did a job for us but was very shaky in the end and had to go. Kelman was managed pretty well as we got some money for him and I think he was pretty limited. I agree with the other poster that we’ve got better at releasing players that aren’t going to make it. Yes Harry Murphy was tidy but he’s not made it since and is now working in the City. As for Kolli I hope the situation resolves itself but I don’t think it’s all down to the club for all the reasons that have been laid out numerous times before. |
 | Forum Reply | Devs v Swansea at 21:50 28 Sep 2026
Two lovely goals from Kolli. From the two matches I’ve seen recently, Bolton and Swansea, we’re much less physically imposing, maybe because we’re younger? But we grew into the match and it’s good experience for the younger players. |
 | Forum Reply | A love letter, to Esquerdinha – Column at 13:14 28 Sep 2026
Brilliant. I think there’s still a few spellings of his name we’ve had on this Board that weren’t covered in your piece but hilarious! |
 | Forum Reply | Shaun Wright-Philips at 19:51 27 Sep 2026
I can never forgive him for not helping Darnell Furlong out and hanging him out to dry as a young Fb playing against Yannick Frigging Bolasie. He barely tracked back at all. Lazy self important arse. |
 | Forum Reply | Join the dark side: we have biscuits – Column at 20:18 23 Sep 2026
One of my pub quiz team said when we were working out the various letters which have never been the starting letter for a club in the Prem. She said surely not Q. Now I’ve been banging on about QPR for at least the last thirty years. But somehow outside the collective radar of well known clubs. My sons who have friends who support the bigger clubs are quite proud to be supporters of not one of the obvious teams. Loved the article Dorse. |
 | Forum Reply | Points accrued at 12:59 22 Sep 2026
Yes. I remember a couple of seasons ago asking that question how do you deal with teams that get behind the ball as we’ve consistently found it hard to play against. Middlesbrough seemed to float balls across the top and find gaps between the lines but you need really accurate passing for that. Will be interesting to see what Stephan does when he’s got more time to prepare. Could be interesting if we can get Kone fit and Kolli back in the fold. |
 | Forum Reply | Points accrued at 12:16 22 Sep 2026
And I get that. My point was you can choose any matches or metrics to support your case at such an early stage of the season. So I could say we’ve won more matches than Wrexham, Birmingham and former Premiership demotion Championship Champions Burnley, who haven’t won any games yet. And the same as Norwich and Millwall. Who’ve all probably got much more expensively assembled sides. So yes it’s disappointing to not beat Bolton at home but it’s not a disaster. Nor is winning a couple of matches at this stage of the season mean we’re likely to be promoted either. Given that Hull didn’t start to consistently pull ahead into the playoffs until early December that seems like a more realistic cut off point. We don’t know how we’re going to do against the mid table and top six sides quite yet as we haven’t played enough of them. Nor have we played enough games with a week gap as so many of them have come in a two week window. So while I really enjoy winning and am disappointed with drawing or losing I don’t think either mean anything quite yet in the context of a 46 match season. |
 | Forum Reply | Points accrued at 11:11 22 Sep 2026
I was a bit encouraged by a couple of the balls in from Adamson. They really deserved someone getting on the end of them. It may be wishful thinking but I do think we could click soon and give someone a tonking. But I hear what you’re saying about luck. |
 | Forum Reply | Former Coventry performance head on the 'pseudoscience' taking over football at 11:07 22 Sep 2026
The power of groupthink. Everyone worried that if you don’t follow the crowd you’ll be left behind. I’m all for exploring complementary therapies including nutrition and psychological approaches, but there has to be some evidence base for it. It’s the latest big thing or we’ve always done it that way are neither very good ways to judge effectiveness. |
 | Forum Reply | Points accrued at 18:05 21 Sep 2026
TBH I prefer it if people aren’t over-excited about our prospects because it turns every loss into a major catastrophe. Equally I don’t think we should throw the towel in either. Because by the same token as Bolton wining away at Norwich you could’ve chosen to see it as making our draw at home to Bolton not look so bad. We’ve still only played eight matches. While I’ve got some hope we’ll be in the final eight at the end of the season I am certain there’ll be twists and turns. So I will enjoy wins and be excited but not think one win means we’ll be promoted. I’ll also be disappointed with losses but not think it means it’s all over. Of course we have some things to be concerned about. But we also have a lot to be encouraged with: our new found fighting spirit not least of them. |
 | Forum Reply | DS Squad playing up at Bolton at 1pm at 14:29 21 Sep 2026
I was really disappointed in him too. Very easily shrugged off the ball a couple of times. And not really created anything. |
Please log in to use all the site's facilities |  | nix
|
Site Scores| Prediction League: | 9 | | TOTAL: | 9 |
|