Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum
Reply
International Break
at 20:28 3 Oct 2026

Ya, but can he do it on a cold Tuesday Night in L'Ajoupa-Bouillon?
Forum
Reply
Croatia v England
at 20:02 3 Oct 2026

Just seen the result. Unreal!

Looking forward to seeing the highlights.
Forum
Reply
International Break
at 16:36 3 Oct 2026

I didn't get a call-up.
I was half hoping...
Forum
Reply
Dembele
at 11:30 3 Oct 2026

Well, hopefully, as you say. I think someone on here pointed out recently that separate dressing rooms are now law?

Not sure if they were back then, but even if they were, and he did tog on and off on his own, having a 13-yr old in an adult team and environment can't be any good whatsoever for the person or the player.
Forum
Reply
WLS podcast
at 11:09 3 Oct 2026

Cracking chat. Thanks for posting this, Nick.
Forum
Reply
WLS podcast
at 10:03 3 Oct 2026

Great list, nick.

Can I add Ian Gillard in?

Edit: Just read that Gillard was with Spurs Youths before us. I never knew that.
Not sure what age he was when he came to W12.
[Post edited 3 Oct 10:06]
Forum
Reply
Dembele
at 10:00 3 Oct 2026

You would have to wonder, Kensal.

Either way, having a 13-yr old in the same team, and maybe dressing room as grown men is a terrible way to treat a footballer, and an incredibly risky thing to do to a child.
Forum
Reply
International Break
at 09:58 3 Oct 2026

Great question. A quick Google led me to a BBC article by the excellently named Jonty Coleman. What Ho, Jonty!!:

If a player on international duty sustains a new injury that prevents them from taking part in full training or matches for a minimum of 28 days, the club they play for will be entitled to financial compensation from the Fifa Club Protection Programme."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/foot
Forum
Reply
WLS podcast
at 20:54 2 Oct 2026

Absolutely it was the aim, and they delivered a training facility that allowed for it.

And they made it happen, and the people that came after them also made it happen.

Credit to everyone involved, even Hoos.
Forum
Reply
WLS podcast
at 20:42 2 Oct 2026

Don't the articles say that we had decided to go for Cat 1 at the time of the launch, and that we had by then provided a training facility that allowed us to upgrade?
Forum
Reply
WLS podcast
at 20:00 2 Oct 2026

Well, the second article proves otherwise, James.
During the launch of the training ground, the chat was that we were upgrading.
I remember being really pleased, because I'd been very vocal on here about Cat 2.
Forum
Reply
WLS podcast
at 19:57 2 Oct 2026

I think Brentford were forced to do it once they got promoted to the Premier League, Herts, as it's in the rules for clubs once promoted (as Cat 1 clubs can steal Cat 2 players for a pittance and also steal players from more than 90 miles away, a cynic might suggest).
Forum
Reply
WLS podcast
at 19:00 2 Oct 2026

The previous regime did say that many times, but did change their minds.
Crucially, they built a training ground that allowed us to move to Cat 1 should they change their minds, which (thankfully imo) they did.

https://www.westlondonsport.co

https://archive.trainingground
Forum
Reply
International Break
at 11:14 2 Oct 2026

We sat back, stopped pressing, brought on negative subs.

Sometimes it works, last night it definitely didn't.
Thought we were hanging on to the point at the end.
Forum
Reply
International Break
at 08:45 2 Oct 2026

Agree, Paddy, those lads are definitely ahead of him on merit.
But I do think Dunne should be getting some subs appearances at least.
Forum
Reply
International Break
at 08:37 2 Oct 2026

Mystifying.

Ireland have been playing with either 4 or 5 centre-backs, and to my mind he's better than Scales (though he played well enough last night) and certainly better than Kitching, who came on as sub. Jake O'Brien also came on.

So Dunne, who can also play at right-back is eighth choice, at best, and probably ninth as Collins is missing at the moment.

I don't get it.
Forum
Reply
Friday Music Education
at 08:07 2 Oct 2026

Gorgeous.
Forum
Reply
RAF Fairford
at 10:22 1 Oct 2026

Forum
Reply
Dame Esther Rantzen RIP
at 23:31 30 Sep 2026

Opened this thread just to say that.

I've watched that episode a few times over the years (it's on the internet somewhere, though I can't find it right now). It's an incredible story, and beautifully done by Rantzen and her team.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a h-anam uasal. RIP.
Forum
Reply
Man City - GUILTY
at 14:34 30 Sep 2026

I'd go even further: English business people shouldn't own English clubs. Karl Oyston, for one, is English.

I'm with Bazza - 50+1 rule.
Please log in to use all the site's facilities

BrianMcCarthy


Site Scores

Prediction League: 0
TOTAL: 0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026