 | Forum Reply | The Ipswich "spying" at 17:21 8 Oct 2026
That will be the nuclear deterrent..100% compliance guaranteed. |
 | Forum Reply | The Ipswich "spying" at 14:44 8 Oct 2026
Well said sir ! I would happily support a bill put before the disciplinary committee of the Forum that would pass into the constitution that any member mentioning Spygate be summarily ejected from said Forum for 6 weeks, suspended for 6 months. |
 | Forum Reply | Esther Rantzen RIP at 18:54 3 Oct 2026
In Spanish pedo phiole translates as" fart bottle"' Completely irrelevant?..perhaps, but one Local pub quiz night, that kind of knowledge might be the difference between winning and looking like a loser . As John McEnroe said "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser" |
 | Forum Reply | Esther Rantzen RIP at 19:02 2 Oct 2026
Her teeth were quite impressive...as the old saying goes.." she could eat a melon through a railing fence " |
 | Forum Reply | Esther Rantzen RIP at 18:21 2 Oct 2026
Meanwhile Mr Jelly dines out on regurgitated gossip, rumour, innuendo and unsubstantiated accusations, none of which as far as I can recall, ended in indictments let alone guilty verdicts. I learnt one thing though...a paedophile's favourite sport is hang gliding...who knew...next time I am out with the grandchildren and a hang glider drifts over the hill I will usher them into the car and phuq off home a bit sharpish. |
 | Forum Reply | The Wait Goes On at 15:03 2 Oct 2026
A pretty sensible analysis. Eckert was accused of breaching the new law i.e. cheating and he promptly admitted his guilt...so far, so bad. The early admission and the fact that this is a trial run of the punishment level applicable to said breach will probably count in his favour but..... |
 | Forum Reply | The People In Saudi Arabia Don't Like The Flintstones at 14:37 2 Oct 2026
And people on deck on the phone to their wife back in the UK saying... The service on here is unbelievably attentive darling. When I asked for a little more ice in my G and T you should have seen what they brought me. |
 | Forum Reply | Esther Rantzen RIP at 18:17 1 Oct 2026
Get off the fence man !!..what did you really think of her.? |
 | Forum Reply | Esther Rantzen RIP at 20:28 30 Sep 2026
Lost a good'un there. Very funny lady, great broadcaster and tireless worker for charity including Childline, support for loneliness among the elderly and of course was prominent, as others have already said, in the assisted dying debate. Also responsible for one of the most iconic comedy moments of the 70's.....The talking dog that said " sausages " on That's Life...priceless...RIP. |
 | Forum Reply | The Wait Goes On at 12:52 30 Sep 2026
Surely it's inconceivable that the decision and the appeal can be conducted in secret. Would be a first for me. Eckert's problem is that the EFL handed down the decision to eject us from the play-offs. Eckert was not punished at that time. It's worth remembering that our understandable anger should be tempered by the fact that we still had a game to play to reach the promised land. The EFL is a direct subsidiary of the FA and it the EFL will always defer to them on individual punishments. My long winded point is that I don't think the FA will take the club's punishment in mitigation when dealing with Eckert. He violated whatever law it is and the kangaroo court will have their day in the sun. |
 | Forum Reply | Who Would Be An Everton Fan at 20:14 28 Sep 2026
Neither were Ball. Kendall or Harvey for that matter. Funnily enough I was in Highbury that day but not at Highbury on account that I lived in a flat close by. Along with a couple of Saints mates and 400 neanderthal Gooners we gathered in the local battle cruiser to suffer the pain and anguish. 42 years have surely numbed that....or maybe not |
 | Forum Reply | Who Would Be An Everton Fan at 17:06 28 Sep 2026
I can safely say that I could not be classified as an Everton fan. However I did have the distinct pleasure of being at a couple of their games when Ball, Kendall and Harvey made up their midfield. They were some force, maybe amongst the best combos in the last 60 years. For that alone I give Everton a pass mark. |
 | Forum Reply | The Longest Day Becomes The Longest Weekend For Southampton Fans at 09:45 27 Sep 2026
Being as dim as a Toc H lamp (one for the oldies), I hadn't clocked that although a ban initially only excludes Eckert from all activities in England, the FA has the right to ask FIFA to upgrade it to a worldwide ban. It's safe to assume the FA will do this and it's even safer to assume FIFA will comply in order to set precedent and given they are short of mates these days, stroking the FA will seem a good idea. All that plonks Eckert totally "in der Scheisse" Sorry if everyone knew this already. |
 | Forum Reply | Hampshire CCC at 08:55 23 Sep 2026
We used to study the state of every game to estimate the approximate time they would be batting and time our arrival at the ground accordingly. You would see pretty much every shot in the coaching manual played (and plenty that weren't). Richards all cover drives, on drives and deft touches all around the wicket and invariably along the carpet. Greenidge was all pulls, hooks and cuts. invariably airborne, and guaranteed to intimidate bowlers. Off the field he seemed a softly spoken gentle chap. For any youngster learning the batting trade, those guys were one-stop shopping. |
 | Forum Reply | Damion Downs scores!!!!!! at 19:49 20 Sep 2026
Not so sure about that...it looked like something straight off the training ground to me. |
 | Forum Reply | Hampshire CCC at 08:34 19 Sep 2026
Being of a certain vintage, that post transmitted me instantly back to 1961 . I can name that team today (no google)..Marshall, Gray, Horton, Livingstone, Sainsbury, Ingleby Mac, Harrison, Cottam, Shack, White and Burden. Mervyn Burden was the thinking man's Number 11 with a career batting average well south of 3.0. In those days the touring team of the year played the Counties before and in between Tests. One gloomy evening in 1963 I recall Mervyn came out to bat with Hants something like 135 for 9. Having noticed that the legendary Wes Hall was bowling Merv had put an extra pair of incontinence pads on just to be safe. He took usual guard 12 inches outside leg stump and awaited his fate. Wes steamed in , all teeth and gold chains and unleashed a howitzer that turned all 3 stumps into firewood. The whole ground then heard Merv utter " thanks Wes, I really appreciate that" |
 | Forum Reply | Looking a bit light as the window closes at 08:05 2 Sep 2026
I've been otherwise engaged the last 6 weeks so maybe you all know the answer anyway but.. What's the Jander story ?..at the start of the window he was one of our jewels and we were resigned to losing him to a big boy for big bucks. During window we hear nothing..nada..zip.. At the end of window he seems to still be here drawing his pay. Unless he is long term injured when is he going to lace up his boots and get to work. |
 | Forum Reply | Tonda possible ban? at 15:41 19 Jul 2026
The EFL reports to the FA. I have to assume the findings of the EFL will be assessed by the FA and although it looks like the FA are making the big call on any punishment, they will only have the evidence already gathered to work with. |
 | Forum Thread | Garfield Sobers has passed at 17:39 17 Jul 2026
I am genuinely sad and close to tears. On the playground he was the only man we wanted to be. The next person to tell me someone like Beckham is is legend will be told to go f*ck themselves and I will send them a copy of Garry' stats. There's a legend for you |
Please log in to use all the site's facilities |  | HytheFerrytales
|
Site Scores| Prediction League: | 0 | | TOTAL: | 0 |
|