Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum
Reply
Swans fan zone
at 18:09 3 Oct 2026

I'm really hoping they do get this right AND get a station opened in Landore. It changes my matchday routine, makes it easier and these days I like easy!

Train down from Skewen, fanzone with mates before and after the game, train back and a 10 minute walk home, 20 minutes if I have one too many

I haven't drunk very much for around 18 years but I'm nearly 60, my son is 18, I feel the need to relax now.
Forum
Thread
RAC membership
at 18:05 3 Oct 2026

This used to be a simple thing, they advertised a price, you paid it. There wasn't negotiation, they didn't raise the price every year like insurance companies. Times have changed.

I have a decent membership (recovery at home, unlimited call outs, onward travel, legal cover, key cover) and I was paying £47 last year. Maybe I could get it cheaper elsewhere. Last week my renewal came up and I missed it, I only noticed when I checked the bank and the price had risen to £60. I phoned up to cancel and it became a negotiation, now I'm paying £35.

When did this happen? Whn did the RAC start raising prices automatically never mind what they actually need to charge?

Why can't things stay simple, like me?
Forum
Reply
When a country reaches the point of no return? The case of Sweden
at 17:53 3 Oct 2026

So Suella Braverman doesn't consider herslef English despite being born there (well half English/half irish) so does that mean she's going to deport herself
Forum
Reply
Positivity
at 17:45 3 Oct 2026

I guess maybe as I got older and realised I cared about football much less than I used to, I stopped questioning as much, apart from the playing side.

At some point I stopped worrying about some things I couldn't change though I can still get quite heated about politics.

I do still care about truth and facts and I don't mind at all when people show me I'm wrong (and I often am) but some things just aren't worth worrying about, not to me, not anymore.

I can even put a date on when that happened.
Forum
Reply
Man City - Impact on Transfer Market
at 17:38 3 Oct 2026

I think they should be relegated but all 3 who get relegated by normal means should still go down, the divisions just promote an extra team.

It probably won't happen, you're probably right, a low down team will probably suffer because of Citeh cheating.
Forum
Reply
Wasted Wind Energy - Utter Madness
at 17:33 3 Oct 2026

Don't get me started on pensions,I'll be ranting about Blair and Brown
Forum
Reply
Charlotte Church
at 17:30 3 Oct 2026

Irony!

Religion all across history has been stealing, murdering and persecuting, not just one, most of them. Your view of things is just as partisan.

Israel claims they were there first, centuries ago, this is also a lie. When the Jewish frst got there and settled there were other tribes in that area and when the Jews arrived the area was already inhabited by Canaanites, Egyptians and other early Levantime groups. History is complicated, most of us who today consider ourselves a ccertain nationality will have come from an immigrant background, if we go far enough back. it's why I consider nationalsim a bit of a sad joke, England for the English, Wales for the Welsh, How about Britannia for the Britons?

I do laugh at the idea that Netanyahu is sending Muslim emigrants to Western Europe.

The Serbs were bullied into an agreement to stop ethnic cleansing, to stop the genocide. 8000 were slaughtered in Srebrenica. Prejudice is everywhere.
Forum
Reply
Iranian Small Boat Migrants on Terrorism Charges
at 17:07 3 Oct 2026

The voice of reason as ever, Gwyn. You're right of course, keeping everybody happy whilst dealing with the root cause of the problem is very hard.

Maybe it should start with some honesty from the government about the extent of the problem? Only then can we start to deal with it? I won't hold my breath.
Forum
Reply
Iranian Small Boat Migrants on Terrorism Charges
at 13:11 3 Oct 2026

We know why, it's obvioulsy very embarrassing, very informative and likely to cause problems and drive more people into what the government would call racism and what reform would call patriotism, those of us in between would see it as tryingto protect the country.
Forum
Reply
When a country reaches the point of no return? The case of Sweden
at 13:06 3 Oct 2026

Obviusly you're right, I should treat all your posts as nonsense because they are!

You do realise that Ai isn't trustworthy and often gives wrong answers because it collates its answers from things posted on the internet?

AI should also say the Welsh are descended from ancient britons but not that ancient britons were Welsh, because they weren't, they were Celts and there were no Welsh people or a Welsh country. it's a tad pedantic I know but facts amnd the truth matter, especially when people try to spin facts to support their world view.
Forum
Reply
Iranian Small Boat Migrants on Terrorism Charges
at 12:49 3 Oct 2026

Wouldn't it be interesting to know the full list of crimes committed by illegal entrants?
Forum
Reply
Wasted Wind Energy - Utter Madness
at 12:46 3 Oct 2026

We know the grid isn't capable of transferring a lot of generated electricity from some parts of the country to anouther, it's why those companies have been given billions of tax payers money to turn off the wind farms, they're called constraint payments. When we do that we also end up paying for generation by other means such as gas fired power stations so it's a double whammy.

Saying the strike price is high because they want profit is true AND also gross stupidity because public subsidy money is used to prop up private business who then also charge us higher prices.

It needs nationalising, if we are going to pay for it anyway then why not own it?
Forum
Reply
Iranian Small Boat Migrants on Terrorism Charges
at 12:41 3 Oct 2026

I think, specially given world events these last few years and definitely since Trump bombed Iran that it would be very naive not to think our enemies wouldn't try and use all means available to get their agents into our country. They don't even need fake ID's because most of these boat people don't seem to have any. It's an easy route.
Forum
Reply
Man City - Impact on Transfer Market
at 12:33 3 Oct 2026

While that is true haven't they also cost clubs money by inflating the transfer fees and wages?
When Sinclair went there from us he was on 60k per week, he wasn't on a third of that down here, how is that raise justified?
Bony, when they sold him back to us his wages were damaging to us, it was a suprememly stupid move by our then owners (along with Ayew) for 2 players who became a financial problem amd probably cost us a chance of rebuilding and looking for promotion the next season.
So yes, they spread much needed money out around some clubs, they raised prices and wages too. That has caused problems because now even bog standard players want too much money. They inflated the market, caused problems and now they are found to be massive cheats.
Forum
Reply
Man City - Impact on Transfer Market
at 12:25 3 Oct 2026

The thing is one of the rules is that the owners cannot just splash personal cash on transfers. Capex spending is fine but you can only spend income on transfers and wages. This government can have given them money but there are still rules around how much sponsorship etc any deal is worth. For example, one of our owners may have a vcash rich compnay and they can sponsor us but the deal has to be realisitc, they couldn't buy stadium naming rights for 10 years for 1 billion say.
I don't know what all the rule breaks are but there are so many and for so much money I cannot see them not being hit harder than anyone else has ever been.
Forum
Reply
Do you know people like this ?
at 12:19 3 Oct 2026

I've seen (on the Welsh fans facebook page) complaints about this stand recently. lack of atmosphere and even fighting.

The reality is people move about during games. I know I do, I usually need the toilet before half time to start with. I don't get beer at half time, nor food.
Forum
Reply
Positivity
at 12:13 3 Oct 2026

The whistleblower provided the evidence though.

Lets face it we all know there have been dodgy dealings in football for decades, from brown envelopes under the table at motorway services to today, lots of dodgy stuff including companies selling their own property to another company that's owned by the same people, yes Chelsea but there are others I think.

Worrying about how our club pays for stuff seems pointless to me, after all how many Man Citeh fans can do anything about what's happening? It would be interesting to know how many of them suspected.

I can have personal worries about our club but it's so far beyond my control that I'm sticking to worrying about the playing side.

One last thought, capex spending is allowed, they can pump millions into infrastructure with no problems and they are investing heavily. We've been told commercial revenue is rising too. Assuming that we are compliant with PSR, isn't the investement done to increase revenue so we can spend more on the team?
The information thus far is that we are PSR compliant though admittedly they wouldn't say anything else. All we can do is see how it pans out. I'm pretty certain we aren't breaking the rules on a Manc level!
Forum
Reply
Early release prisoners
at 21:27 2 Oct 2026

I had a training day recently, it was taken by an ex police officer who had been with the armed police and counter terrorism. He actually called it "two tier policing" openly and said he couldn't do the job now.

I understand we don't have the room to lock them all up but we clearly do need more prison space. Some people are not getting custodials when they certainly should, some are getting suspended sentences when they have a long list of previous.

Some we let out early are almost immediately reoffending.
Forum
Reply
Man City Guilty of Financial Irregularities
at 21:20 2 Oct 2026

And somewhere out on the coast a small boat with a roll of plastic sheeting and a few anchors is being prepared...

Seriously, this bloke could be "silenced" even though it's too late to make a difference.
Forum
Reply
Positivity
at 21:14 2 Oct 2026

Maybe so but what can any supporter do about it? We are always allowed to question but we are powerless as fans of several other clubs can testify.

One of the core problems, it seems to me, is that the "fit and proper person" test is not fit for purpose.
Then, the EPL top 6 have too much power AND too much money as a share of the pie.

Lets face it, if a Man City fan had known for certain about the infractions and had blown the whistle, who would have listened? Over things like this the big money people get away with murder unless they push it too far. Unfortunately the oil money guys from Arab countries are used to getting their own way, even with governments, and they have pushed this way too far and now most of the English football league is out for blood, even MP's are questioning this!
Please log in to use all the site's facilities

SullutaCreturned


Site Scores

Prediction League: 0
TOTAL: 0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026