Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Early release prisoners 08:36 - Oct 1 with 2609 viewsonehunglow

Starts today
Includes the lad who assisted Connor Chapman kill Elle Edwards
He will have barely served two years
Says where we really are

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Early release prisoners on 19:26 - Oct 2 with 561 viewsGwyn737

Early release prisoners on 18:56 - Oct 2 by AnotherJohn

I hesitate to post this as I see Gwyn as a highly-valued poster, who represents a viewpoint that we need on the forum, but the post I am thinking of was made on Sept 26th (bottle thread). The phrase I used and to which Gwyn responded was "violent disorder".

Gwyn's post said: "The right wing protesters tend to be arrested more for violent disorder so more likely to get jail terms."

And there is no need for an apology, as I am happy with the cut and thrust of our debates.
[Post edited 2 Oct 18:58]


I think that’s right, isn’t it?

I’m talking about the actual offence of Violent Disorder as opposed to a covering term for a number of offences.

Left wing protests like the ones linked to Palestine or climate change are more likely to be for public order offences, hate speech and obstruction etc.
0
Early release prisoners on 19:47 - Oct 2 with 545 viewsAnotherJohn

Early release prisoners on 19:26 - Oct 2 by Gwyn737

I think that’s right, isn’t it?

I’m talking about the actual offence of Violent Disorder as opposed to a covering term for a number of offences.

Left wing protests like the ones linked to Palestine or climate change are more likely to be for public order offences, hate speech and obstruction etc.


I question whether the claim is correct, even if you narrow the meaning of the phrase "arrested for violent disorder" to the speocfic offense that the CPS opts to charge the arrested person with, rather than the general meaning of the words "violent disorder". Violent disorder under s2 of the Public Order Act 1986 is one of the two charges in the ongoing Palestine Action case.
0
Early release prisoners on 19:56 - Oct 2 with 528 viewsGwyn737

Early release prisoners on 19:47 - Oct 2 by AnotherJohn

I question whether the claim is correct, even if you narrow the meaning of the phrase "arrested for violent disorder" to the speocfic offense that the CPS opts to charge the arrested person with, rather than the general meaning of the words "violent disorder". Violent disorder under s2 of the Public Order Act 1986 is one of the two charges in the ongoing Palestine Action case.


I think that only accounts for a couple of dozen people.

I wasn’t attempting to narrow the term, just using the actual lawful language.
0
Early release prisoners on 20:25 - Oct 2 with 521 viewsonehunglow

Early release prisoners on 19:47 - Oct 2 by AnotherJohn

I question whether the claim is correct, even if you narrow the meaning of the phrase "arrested for violent disorder" to the speocfic offense that the CPS opts to charge the arrested person with, rather than the general meaning of the words "violent disorder". Violent disorder under s2 of the Public Order Act 1986 is one of the two charges in the ongoing Palestine Action case.


Forget violence
Pretty theft is also very upsetting , as is fraud
Speak to someone who has been scammed out of everything there worked for only for someone who never has or will to take it
Burglary can be life changing and you lose all sense of comfort in your own home
No early release
For any of these mints
None

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Early release prisoners on 20:50 - Oct 2 with 496 viewsScotia

Early release prisoners on 19:56 - Oct 2 by Gwyn737

I think that only accounts for a couple of dozen people.

I wasn’t attempting to narrow the term, just using the actual lawful language.


And that context is important.

Some of these "hurty words" were encouraging people to set fire to hotels full of people. Tommo tried to sink a dinghy with a rescue worker on board.

If Tommo was Muhammed and the hotel woman Fatima peolle would wznt them executed

The motives don't matter, we need more prison spaces but can't afford them. What's the Bibby Stockholm up to nowadays.
0
Early release prisoners on 21:27 - Oct 2 with 488 viewsSullutaCreturned

Early release prisoners on 11:06 - Oct 1 by AnotherJohn

"Includes the lad who assisted Connor Chapman kill Elle Edwards"

Got to make room for Daniel Thomas and future protestors or purveyors of hurty words on X! I find this two-tier justice very hard to forgive. Those responsible deserve to be held to account.


I had a training day recently, it was taken by an ex police officer who had been with the armed police and counter terrorism. He actually called it "two tier policing" openly and said he couldn't do the job now.

I understand we don't have the room to lock them all up but we clearly do need more prison space. Some people are not getting custodials when they certainly should, some are getting suspended sentences when they have a long list of previous.

Some we let out early are almost immediately reoffending.
0
Early release prisoners on 22:01 - Oct 2 with 460 viewsScotia

Early release prisoners on 21:27 - Oct 2 by SullutaCreturned

I had a training day recently, it was taken by an ex police officer who had been with the armed police and counter terrorism. He actually called it "two tier policing" openly and said he couldn't do the job now.

I understand we don't have the room to lock them all up but we clearly do need more prison space. Some people are not getting custodials when they certainly should, some are getting suspended sentences when they have a long list of previous.

Some we let out early are almost immediately reoffending.


There's a long list of needs.
0
Early release prisoners on 22:36 - Oct 2 with 458 viewsonehunglow

Early release prisoners on 21:27 - Oct 2 by SullutaCreturned

I had a training day recently, it was taken by an ex police officer who had been with the armed police and counter terrorism. He actually called it "two tier policing" openly and said he couldn't do the job now.

I understand we don't have the room to lock them all up but we clearly do need more prison space. Some people are not getting custodials when they certainly should, some are getting suspended sentences when they have a long list of previous.

Some we let out early are almost immediately reoffending.


Because it’s their way of life

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Login to get fewer ads

Early release prisoners on 22:45 - Oct 2 with 458 viewsKeithHaynes

Certain money being diverted from UK coffers for certain people to arrive here and be kept, fed and given benefits would certainly help the current penal issues.

‘Am I a racist now father ?’

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

2
Early release prisoners on 05:49 - Oct 3 with 409 viewsAnotherJohn

Early release prisoners on 20:50 - Oct 2 by Scotia

And that context is important.

Some of these "hurty words" were encouraging people to set fire to hotels full of people. Tommo tried to sink a dinghy with a rescue worker on board.

If Tommo was Muhammed and the hotel woman Fatima peolle would wznt them executed

The motives don't matter, we need more prison spaces but can't afford them. What's the Bibby Stockholm up to nowadays.


If you believe that Connolly was really calling for murder by arson when she wrote "for all I care", or that Thomas intended to drown the rescue worker, then you are on a different planet from me. But I suppose I knew that already..
[Post edited 3 Oct 6:06]
1
Early release prisoners on 05:57 - Oct 3 with 407 viewsAnotherJohn

Early release prisoners on 19:56 - Oct 2 by Gwyn737

I think that only accounts for a couple of dozen people.

I wasn’t attempting to narrow the term, just using the actual lawful language.


If you make a contentious claim, you should produce hard evidence. Part of the two-tier claim is that similar behaviour results in different charges, and of course the reason given for an arrest is not always the same as the charge confirmed by the CPS. I suspect that the large number of violent disorder charges made after Southport may tilt the argument in your favour, but that seems a bit of an outlier from the usual trend. My impression is that quite a few Left-wing activists are in the frame but that in cases like Just Stop Oil other charges are selected.
[Post edited 3 Oct 6:36]
0
Early release prisoners on 07:59 - Oct 3 with 373 viewsGwyn737

Early release prisoners on 05:57 - Oct 3 by AnotherJohn

If you make a contentious claim, you should produce hard evidence. Part of the two-tier claim is that similar behaviour results in different charges, and of course the reason given for an arrest is not always the same as the charge confirmed by the CPS. I suspect that the large number of violent disorder charges made after Southport may tilt the argument in your favour, but that seems a bit of an outlier from the usual trend. My impression is that quite a few Left-wing activists are in the frame but that in cases like Just Stop Oil other charges are selected.
[Post edited 3 Oct 6:36]


I think it’s difficult to find an exact example of two tier policing - a person with the same background committing the same crime with a different outcome.

My suspicion is that there is a nervousness around being called racist in the police which is problematic and needs addressing. If there’s an example of, say, a Palestinian Action member and a Patriotic Platform member treated different differently I’ll absolutely call it out.

However, this is not helped by people making claims that don’t aide the case.

Saying the early realise of the Novak scumbag and the Danny Tommo remanding in custody as an example of two tier policing seems not only daft to me but counter productive.

Firstly they are not the same thing and doesn’t help identifying two tier policing but deflects from the massive issues caused by hollowing out the justice system - low prison numbers and empty courts.
0
Early release prisoners on 08:06 - Oct 3 with 369 viewsScotia

Early release prisoners on 05:49 - Oct 3 by AnotherJohn

If you believe that Connolly was really calling for murder by arson when she wrote "for all I care", or that Thomas intended to drown the rescue worker, then you are on a different planet from me. But I suppose I knew that already..
[Post edited 3 Oct 6:06]


They'd have gone to prison for longer if either of those scenarios was the case.
0
Early release prisoners on 14:51 - Oct 5 with 237 viewsWingstandwood

Headline/QUOTE: "Horror as prisoner freed early by Labour stabs mum-of-two to death".

https://www.express.co.uk/news

Argus!

0
Early release prisoners on 18:01 - Oct 5 with 208 viewsonehunglow

Early release prisoners on 14:51 - Oct 5 by Wingstandwood

Headline/QUOTE: "Horror as prisoner freed early by Labour stabs mum-of-two to death".

https://www.express.co.uk/news


Didn’t take him long this will continue
Family should sue
Its culpable corporate negligence really

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

1
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:01 - Oct 5 with 208 viewsonehunglow

Early release prisoners on 14:51 - Oct 5 by Wingstandwood

Headline/QUOTE: "Horror as prisoner freed early by Labour stabs mum-of-two to death".

https://www.express.co.uk/news



Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026