By continuing to use the site, you agree to our use of cookies and to abide by our Terms and Conditions. We in turn value your personal details in accordance with our Privacy Policy.
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Also from that golden age , a really good interview with my first hero, Simon Stainrod that cropped up on my algo. Loved the man. so much so i named my first born after him.
anyway not a lot of people know that Barcelona tried to sign him to replace steve archibald!
A proper QPR number 10. In extremis.
Where there's a will - and there is a will - there's a way - and there is a way.
4
You know you're getting old when... on 21:05 - Oct 4 with 1426 views
You know you're getting old when... on 21:05 - Oct 4 by Discodroids
Also from that golden age , a really good interview with my first hero, Simon Stainrod that cropped up on my algo. Loved the man. so much so i named my first born after him.
anyway not a lot of people know that Barcelona tried to sign him to replace steve archibald!
loved that Venables side of the early 80's. Cup final, then won the league by 10 points the following year then Finished top 6 i think in our first season back. what a side.
Where there's a will - and there is a will - there's a way - and there is a way.
7
You know you're getting old when... on 21:12 - Oct 4 with 1360 views
Does anyone remember the Wicks interview before that game against Chelsea a few years back Said something along the lines of “yeah I played for Chelsea and it was ok , but when I went to QPR it was a proper club , the peoples club,” something along those lines Would love for someone to find that and put it up
And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot
That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles
Brian Moore
You know you're getting old when... on 21:15 - Oct 4 by paulparker
Does anyone remember the Wicks interview before that game against Chelsea a few years back Said something along the lines of “yeah I played for Chelsea and it was ok , but when I went to QPR it was a proper club , the peoples club,” something along those lines Would love for someone to find that and put it up
I think his fb page has a picture of him in a scum shirt though.I think we were the club going places in the 80’s rather than that yo-yo club he left.
0
You know you're getting old when... on 21:24 - Oct 4 with 1311 views
Always remember when he came back with palace in that 82 quarter final. Palace had some right thugs in that side Cannon and gilbert doing their best ronnie and reggie that day.
Clive running the lengtth of the pitch to celebrate his goal lol! Mike Flanagan an underated player as well.
[Post edited 4 Oct 21:39]
Where there's a will - and there is a will - there's a way - and there is a way.
0
You know you're getting old when... on 23:18 - Oct 4 with 1037 views
You know you're getting old when... on 21:34 - Oct 4 by Discodroids
Always remember when he came back with palace in that 82 quarter final. Palace had some right thugs in that side Cannon and gilbert doing their best ronnie and reggie that day.
Clive running the lengtth of the pitch to celebrate his goal lol! Mike Flanagan an underated player as well.
[Post edited 4 Oct 21:39]
Here you go mate. Early birthday present. Who here was on the field after the goal?!
My memory becomes less reliable with each passing year, but from what I can recall, I HEARD rather than saw Wicks produce an incredible goal saving tackle, on BBC Radio. So as far as 12 -year-old me can remember we were playing Slovan Bratislava (which leg unknown) and while generally on top, they broke away and Wicks sprinted 50 yards (70 yards??) to execute a goal-saving tackle. It may have sounded way better than it was, it may have existed only in my childhood imagination, but when I hear Steve Wicks, that is what I immediately think of. On a slightly different tack, with that mop of blonde hair on a tall fit physique, he must have been the handsome Ron of his era.
0
You know you're getting old when... on 16:41 - Oct 5 with 132 views
You know you're getting old when... on 21:15 - Oct 4 by paulparker
Does anyone remember the Wicks interview before that game against Chelsea a few years back Said something along the lines of “yeah I played for Chelsea and it was ok , but when I went to QPR it was a proper club , the peoples club,” something along those lines Would love for someone to find that and put it up
... and then left us for Chelsea in '86 as I recall. I try to forget this