| Positivity on 17:33 - Oct 2 with 1203 views | jack247 | Very difficult to fault the club in any capacity at the moment |  | |  |
| Positivity on 17:56 - Oct 2 with 1159 views | EagleEye | Coming across as very professional. Definitely appears everything is pulling together in the right direction. Not very often in our history has it felt that management of the club & football operations have been this focussed. That said, It always feels that much better when the first team is performing on the field. Long may it continue. |  | |  |
| Positivity on 18:01 - Oct 2 with 1140 views | Dr_Winston | There seems to be a sense of everyone/thing pulling in the same direction, which hasn't always been the case in recent years, or at all since we got relegated from the Prem if we're being honest. Sometimes having clear goals that all involved are working towards is half the battle. I'd be lying if I said I didn't still have concerns about how a lot of this is being paid for, but at the moment we're in a good place. |  |
| Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. |
|  |
| Positivity on 18:23 - Oct 2 with 1093 views | Whiterockin |
| Positivity on 18:01 - Oct 2 by Dr_Winston | There seems to be a sense of everyone/thing pulling in the same direction, which hasn't always been the case in recent years, or at all since we got relegated from the Prem if we're being honest. Sometimes having clear goals that all involved are working towards is half the battle. I'd be lying if I said I didn't still have concerns about how a lot of this is being paid for, but at the moment we're in a good place. |
Agreed about the finances of everything. Gorringe did say SCR works in our favour, although it is closely monitored throughout the season to see that we are complying with the rules, sometimes everything just seems to good to be true. |  | |  |
| Positivity on 18:38 - Oct 2 with 1074 views | KeithHaynes | Just need to shift those Norwich tickets. |  |
|  |
| Positivity on 18:47 - Oct 2 with 1057 views | SullutaCreturned | A few people have concerns, understandable I guess but looking at the facts, crowds are rising, revenue is rising and everybody seems to be pulling in the same direction. On top of that us fans are apparently happier than we have been for years and our current owners seem much smarter, much more focussed on the clubs future success than we have seen in a long time. My opinion, they want real success and are working hard for it so maybe we should just trust them and enjoy the ride? |  | |  |
| Positivity on 18:58 - Oct 2 with 1034 views | Whiterockin |
| Positivity on 18:47 - Oct 2 by SullutaCreturned | A few people have concerns, understandable I guess but looking at the facts, crowds are rising, revenue is rising and everybody seems to be pulling in the same direction. On top of that us fans are apparently happier than we have been for years and our current owners seem much smarter, much more focussed on the clubs future success than we have seen in a long time. My opinion, they want real success and are working hard for it so maybe we should just trust them and enjoy the ride? |
I think more clarity on some of the income would go a long way to allay fears of the financial stability. An example is the AG1 deal for front of shirt sponsorship, nothing has been disclosed as far as I am aware. How long is it for, what is the value, we really don't know. |  | |  |
| Positivity on 19:00 - Oct 2 with 1034 views | jack247 |
| Positivity on 17:56 - Oct 2 by EagleEye | Coming across as very professional. Definitely appears everything is pulling together in the right direction. Not very often in our history has it felt that management of the club & football operations have been this focussed. That said, It always feels that much better when the first team is performing on the field. Long may it continue. |
Gorringe gives the impression he’s always a few moves ahead. Just seems calm and in control. As incredible and enjoyable as our rise under Jenkins and co was, I never really got that feeling. It felt like they were winging it, just doing so spectacularly well. |  | |  | Login to get fewer ads
| Positivity on 19:15 - Oct 2 with 1001 views | KeithHaynes |
| Positivity on 19:00 - Oct 2 by jack247 | Gorringe gives the impression he’s always a few moves ahead. Just seems calm and in control. As incredible and enjoyable as our rise under Jenkins and co was, I never really got that feeling. It felt like they were winging it, just doing so spectacularly well. |
He’s learning that’s for sure, the ticket fiasco last season was a pain but overall he seems to have got to grips with the bigger picture. With our two majority owners overseeing things he knows the score. If you want to be premier league on the pitch you have to be off it. |  |
|  |
| Positivity on 19:15 - Oct 2 with 998 views | JJBomber |
| Positivity on 18:38 - Oct 2 by KeithHaynes | Just need to shift those Norwich tickets. |
Maybe a hint that John Toshack will be there and it's an opportunity to honour the great man. We may not have many more opportunities with him living in Spain. |  | |  |
| Positivity on 19:44 - Oct 2 with 940 views | SullutaCreturned |
| Positivity on 18:58 - Oct 2 by Whiterockin | I think more clarity on some of the income would go a long way to allay fears of the financial stability. An example is the AG1 deal for front of shirt sponsorship, nothing has been disclosed as far as I am aware. How long is it for, what is the value, we really don't know. |
|Why do we need to know? What can we do about it? Do people want clarity or are we just being nosey? it's becoming more and more common not to fully disclose these things. I guess it goes one of two ways, either our owners are sticking to the rules and we'll be fine OR we are heading down a road to the Etihad situation. In either case us fans have no control so again I'll say, sit back and enjoy. |  | |  |
| Positivity on 20:04 - Oct 2 with 909 views | Whiterockin |
| Positivity on 19:44 - Oct 2 by SullutaCreturned | |Why do we need to know? What can we do about it? Do people want clarity or are we just being nosey? it's becoming more and more common not to fully disclose these things. I guess it goes one of two ways, either our owners are sticking to the rules and we'll be fine OR we are heading down a road to the Etihad situation. In either case us fans have no control so again I'll say, sit back and enjoy. |
Not being nosey mate just concerned. Do you think the Man City supporters should've been more concerned about what was happening to their club. |  | |  |
| Positivity on 20:39 - Oct 2 with 856 views | Dr_Winston |
| Positivity on 20:04 - Oct 2 by Whiterockin | Not being nosey mate just concerned. Do you think the Man City supporters should've been more concerned about what was happening to their club. |
Fans who don't ask questions about how their clubs are funding stuff have no right to complain if the shit hits the fan. |  |
| Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. |
|  |
| Positivity on 20:52 - Oct 2 with 842 views | Whiterockin |
| Positivity on 20:39 - Oct 2 by Dr_Winston | Fans who don't ask questions about how their clubs are funding stuff have no right to complain if the shit hits the fan. |
None so blind as those who don't want to see. In fairness where we are different is we have the trust on the board. But my concern there is are they knowledgeable enough to understand the intricacies of high finance. Hopefully everything is fine, but certainly we should question because it is our club. |  | |  |
| Positivity on 21:04 - Oct 2 with 814 views | pencoedjack |
| Positivity on 20:39 - Oct 2 by Dr_Winston | Fans who don't ask questions about how their clubs are funding stuff have no right to complain if the shit hits the fan. |
Some of us were about the last time we spent more than we had. As much as I like what’s currently happening I don’t want to see it happen again. |  | |  |
| Positivity on 21:14 - Oct 2 with 793 views | SullutaCreturned |
| Positivity on 20:04 - Oct 2 by Whiterockin | Not being nosey mate just concerned. Do you think the Man City supporters should've been more concerned about what was happening to their club. |
Maybe so but what can any supporter do about it? We are always allowed to question but we are powerless as fans of several other clubs can testify. One of the core problems, it seems to me, is that the "fit and proper person" test is not fit for purpose. Then, the EPL top 6 have too much power AND too much money as a share of the pie. Lets face it, if a Man City fan had known for certain about the infractions and had blown the whistle, who would have listened? Over things like this the big money people get away with murder unless they push it too far. Unfortunately the oil money guys from Arab countries are used to getting their own way, even with governments, and they have pushed this way too far and now most of the English football league is out for blood, even MP's are questioning this! |  | |  |
| Positivity on 08:03 - Oct 3 with 603 views | Whiterockin |
| Positivity on 21:14 - Oct 2 by SullutaCreturned | Maybe so but what can any supporter do about it? We are always allowed to question but we are powerless as fans of several other clubs can testify. One of the core problems, it seems to me, is that the "fit and proper person" test is not fit for purpose. Then, the EPL top 6 have too much power AND too much money as a share of the pie. Lets face it, if a Man City fan had known for certain about the infractions and had blown the whistle, who would have listened? Over things like this the big money people get away with murder unless they push it too far. Unfortunately the oil money guys from Arab countries are used to getting their own way, even with governments, and they have pushed this way too far and now most of the English football league is out for blood, even MP's are questioning this! |
They listened to the whistle blower and now he is receiving death threats. |  | |  |
| Positivity on 09:21 - Oct 3 with 540 views | Fireboy2 |
| Positivity on 18:38 - Oct 2 by KeithHaynes | Just need to shift those Norwich tickets. |
They just need to advertise that you are at the game, the ground will be full 😉 |  | |  |
| Positivity on 12:13 - Oct 3 with 474 views | SullutaCreturned |
| Positivity on 08:03 - Oct 3 by Whiterockin | They listened to the whistle blower and now he is receiving death threats. |
The whistleblower provided the evidence though. Lets face it we all know there have been dodgy dealings in football for decades, from brown envelopes under the table at motorway services to today, lots of dodgy stuff including companies selling their own property to another company that's owned by the same people, yes Chelsea but there are others I think. Worrying about how our club pays for stuff seems pointless to me, after all how many Man Citeh fans can do anything about what's happening? It would be interesting to know how many of them suspected. I can have personal worries about our club but it's so far beyond my control that I'm sticking to worrying about the playing side. One last thought, capex spending is allowed, they can pump millions into infrastructure with no problems and they are investing heavily. We've been told commercial revenue is rising too. Assuming that we are compliant with PSR, isn't the investement done to increase revenue so we can spend more on the team? The information thus far is that we are PSR compliant though admittedly they wouldn't say anything else. All we can do is see how it pans out. I'm pretty certain we aren't breaking the rules on a Manc level! |  | |  |
| Positivity on 13:04 - Oct 3 with 451 views | Whiterockin |
| Positivity on 12:13 - Oct 3 by SullutaCreturned | The whistleblower provided the evidence though. Lets face it we all know there have been dodgy dealings in football for decades, from brown envelopes under the table at motorway services to today, lots of dodgy stuff including companies selling their own property to another company that's owned by the same people, yes Chelsea but there are others I think. Worrying about how our club pays for stuff seems pointless to me, after all how many Man Citeh fans can do anything about what's happening? It would be interesting to know how many of them suspected. I can have personal worries about our club but it's so far beyond my control that I'm sticking to worrying about the playing side. One last thought, capex spending is allowed, they can pump millions into infrastructure with no problems and they are investing heavily. We've been told commercial revenue is rising too. Assuming that we are compliant with PSR, isn't the investement done to increase revenue so we can spend more on the team? The information thus far is that we are PSR compliant though admittedly they wouldn't say anything else. All we can do is see how it pans out. I'm pretty certain we aren't breaking the rules on a Manc level! |
Your last paragraph is spot on but its SCR now instead of PSR which apparently benifits us. The ongoing scrutiny throughout the season should see we comply. |  | |  |
| Positivity on 17:45 - Oct 3 with 362 views | SullutaCreturned |
| Positivity on 13:04 - Oct 3 by Whiterockin | Your last paragraph is spot on but its SCR now instead of PSR which apparently benifits us. The ongoing scrutiny throughout the season should see we comply. |
I guess maybe as I got older and realised I cared about football much less than I used to, I stopped questioning as much, apart from the playing side. At some point I stopped worrying about some things I couldn't change though I can still get quite heated about politics. I do still care about truth and facts and I don't mind at all when people show me I'm wrong (and I often am) but some things just aren't worth worrying about, not to me, not anymore. I can even put a date on when that happened. |  | |  |
| |